Dr. Akshata Prabhu Puranik, BDS, MDS, (Ph.D), Associate Professor at D Y Patil School of Dentistry, Exclusive Pediatric Dentist at Magical Smiles for Kids, Mumbai, Key Opinion Leader & Speaker.
She is the Chief Coordinator of Fellowship Programs at DY Patil University, School of Dentistry and Mentor at PEDOCYCLOPEDIA, the Clinical Pediatric Dentistry Workshop. She has been the Key Note Speaker for various international and national conferences and symposiums and the Key Opinion Leader and Speaker at Kinder Krowns (USA).
She has also been the official Pediatric Dental Health Counsellor and Panelist for various schools in Mumbai and Consultant and Mentor at the Pediatric Dentistry for ‘Future Dental Professionals’ Program by Colgate-Palmolive India Pvt. Ltd.
Dr. Akshata is also the author of various scientific articles published in peer-reviewed journals.
She was awarded Certificate of Excellence by DY Patil University for securing the Highest Marks in the Subject of Pediatric Dentistry (MDS). She was also awarded the Title of ‘Woman of Substance’ – one of the most influential women personalities in the field of dentistry by The Dental Experts, Mumbai in 2016.
In 2018, she was also honoured with the Young Dental Researcher Award by Indian Dental Diva Awards.
Her research subjects are as follows:
- Comparison of Ni-Ti rotary files and Hand Stainless Steel Files in Instrumentation of Primary Mandibular Molars, an in vivo study: First original comparative in vivo study in India with respect to use of rotary instrumentation in primary teeth.
- Factors affecting success of pulpectomy in primary teeth evaluated over a follow-up period of 9-11 months.
- Comparison of 4% Articaine and 2% Lidocaine as a local anesthetic agent in pediatric dental patients.
- Survey about pediatrician’s knowledge of the field of Pediatric Dentistry in Navi Mumbai region of Maharashtra, India
- Use of General Anesthesia in Pediatric Dentistry